how can my two month old be teething already????

my two month old daughter is teething already! i give her Tylenol and infant teething gel for her gums but shes still crying in pain and biting her fingers... help! how do i give her relief?

iloveshealyn

Asked by iloveshealyn at 8:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you SEEN the teeth yet? if not. she may not be teething yet. My son was like that from about a month old. He chewed on his fingers and drooled SOO much and it gradually got worse. He didn't pop any teeth the beginning of the month. (9 months old)
    however, all babies are different. Some babies are born with teeth so it isn't like its an unheard of thing.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Try a cold teething ring... or if you don't use them try a binky... it could help the teeth break through. Binkies are not all that bad till they actually have teeth to begin with. And its def possible for her to be teething... all those ages you read about and hear are just the AVERAGE age. I've heard of kids coming out with teeth.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 8:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• btw my dr said he likes motrin better then tylenol he said it works better/longer
    krazyash023

• DONT USE THE ORAL JEL!!!! I know it says it is for the pain to numb it, but i am telling you I am a dental assistant and it just makes the gum more tense if a tooth is trying to come through. Try teething tablet. You can find them at Wal-mart right next to the the oral jel. You can give her 2 tablets and a dose of tylenol and that normally calms them. Every mom I talk to says they work and they work for my daughter. And your two month old can teeth. It is very normal considering all babies are different and normally girls develope faster than boys. but just because she is teething now doesnt mean that you will see teeth soon! My 8 month old has been teething since she was 3 motnhs and still no teeth! I can see them under the gum but they havent broken the gum yet!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 8:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• The same thing has been happening with me the binky has been helping my little boy.
    iloveme7290

Answer by iloveme7290 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I also agree that Motrin works better for teething, but it is not recommended to give to babies under 6 months. I would suggest trying teething tablets. They are like tiny pills that dissolve in the baby's mouth. They are made by Hyland's or Humphry's and can usually be found in Wal Mart, CVS, Rite Aid and the like. Teething CAN start this early, and she might cut a tooth soon, or might not cut that tooth for MONTHS. It truly can be horrible.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think my 2 month old daughter is teething too!
    busymommy2013

Answer by busymommy2013 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2013