Can someone tell me a good book???

I just got done reading "A child called it" for like the 5th time and am almost done with " A lost boy". I love "real" books like this and am wondering what to look for next. Can anyone tell me a really good book and what it is about. Thanks ahead.

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i've always heard 9 (or maybe its 10) minutes in heaven is good. I haven't read it yet. I have it just haven't found the time to read it but i hear its really good.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I don't really know what you mean by "real", but my two favorites are The Shack and Redeeming Love. Good luck looking for a good book!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Have you read Kite Runner or A Thousand Splendid Suns? These are two of the best book I have ever read. His writing is amazing! I read the two books you mentioned also...and I enjoyed them too. Well, here is the link if you are interested...I highly recommend them
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kite_Runner

Also, another book the Red Tent was excellent!
    And...this series is in no way real...but I LOVED the Twilight Series (These and the above mentioned are so different than anything I usually read. I was looking for something different and was so glad I found them. Most I found recommend on Cafe Mom's book club)
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 9:00 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I believe he has yet a thrid book. Check it out. I like the "Left-Behind" series. Local library carries them. Christian Books. Lets you know whats going to happen to this world and people that get left behind when Jesus calls the believers home. Goes by the Bible and the story is fictional of course but great story and characters. Great Read!!!!
    red-one

Answer by red-one at 9:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Oh man....Maggie now, by betty smith. ITs one of my favorite books! Its starts out being about this young man living in Ireland, then some scandle gets started about this girl getting pregnant and he wasn't going to marry her even though he was so crazy in love with her. so he left ireland and immagrated to america. he got a job and ended up marring his bosses daughter. She was nothing really fancy or special just an average girl but she was very kind to him, and he was hard to be kind to. They have a little girl, and the wife says she wants to name the baby after the love that he had left behind in Ireland. So then the focus of the book shifts from the father to that of the daughter. And it goes on tobe about her life. I won't tell you anymore though....I don't want to give away any spoilers!
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I loved the Twilight Series. I know it's not real but it's a real good series, Does that count?

I haven't read it yet but I saw Jon and Kate have a book out called Multiples. I want to read that.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• One of the best books I have ever read is,Tuesdays With Morrie,by .Mitch Albom.It was about a man,who gets in contact with his college professor.They start getting along really well.the professor(Morrie),has cancer and is dying,Morrie tells him great stories about his life,and the Guy vows they get together every tues.I wont tell you the rest,but it is awesome.Mitch albom,also has a book called ,The five people you meet in Heaven.It is about a man who works at an amusement park,and does'nt think he ever,touched anyones life,or done anything special,because he was just a mantience man.He get's killed,and goes to heaven,and meets people,he had really touched their lives.it is a great book too.This movie isout on DVD,but I think the book was better.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I love anything by John Irving, The World According to Garp, A Widow for One year, The Fourth hand. Wally Lamb is also a good author, She's Come Undone and I Know This Much is True are his. They are not fantasy books if that is what you mean by real.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 9:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• A book called she said yes
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My Sister's Keeper by Jodie Picoult
    Midwives by Chris Bohjalian(sp)
    A Thousand Spendid Suns by Khaled Hosani (sp ) he also wrote The Kite Runner
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (forgot the authors)
    The Poisonwood Bible; Animal, Vegetable , Miracle both by Barbara Kingsolver
    Lindalu66

Answer by Lindalu66 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2009