How to deal with wanting another baby?

I am a mother of 2 and I am having major baby fever. I want another one so bad and I have talked to my husband and he was the one that brough the whole thing on in the first place he had said something along the lines of " I want another baby" but now he says that he wants to wait. So now I am in this like depression mode kind of thing. When we are intamate after we," Ya know" I feel down because he did not "ya know" haha. And that is just not good. I don't want to really talk to him about it anymore because I know all he is going to say is that he wants to wait. But this thing is driving my crazy. I don't know how to deal with these feelings......

broken0image

Asked by broken0image at 8:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Youre going to have to talk to him. Just sit down and ask how long he wants to wait and come up with a plan. Just knowing that should help you feel better bc then you have a "goal" lol and itll make him comfortable knowing you accept that plan.

Answer by gemgem at 8:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I would talk to him. Maybe hes got good reason for wanting to wait. Like mine wants to wait because he wants to get a lot of debt paid off first to make things easier.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• someone on here gave me the advice of telling him its either a puppy or a baby. my hubby said we'd discuss it again the in spring. but i have a 9 month old and someone else said babies are the first to find the poop!! ahaha. SO. I TOLD HIM we are going to start trying again in July. However, I might be starting LPN school in June so it will have to be post poned :( ugh. Im having baby fever too if you couldn't tell :) If you find something that actually works let me know.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• a friend of mine wanted to have another baby before she was 30 and her husband didnt because it would make it his 3rd child. So they compromised!! If she got what she wanted then he could get what he has been wanting, a big screen t.v and a video game system! haha. so now she has a four year old boy and a 8 month old little girl! and there living room is adorned with a big plasma t.v and ps3!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I feel you... I want another one so bad (my son just turned one) but unfortunatly for us it is a matter of money, we just can't afford another child until one of us gets a better paying job. I would love to have a child closer in age with my son, but right now it would just be irresponsible since we're already struggling. It sucks :( Hopefully things turn around soon.......
    Sandie0819

Answer by Sandie0819 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I say if your both for it GO FOR IT. Ha I had baby fever when my oldest was 12 and the youngest was 10. Now I have a 15 yo, 12 yo and a soon to be 3 yo. And I don't regret it one bit.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2009