am i going to be a bad mom?

Last night i had a dream about my unborn baby. I had a dream that someone handed him to me but he was like really bent over like he had something wrong with him. I kept trying to striaghten him out by laying him flat and pushing him down by his butt. and as i was doing it he looked upset like he didn't want me to be his mom or something.
I feel horrible that i had a dream about something being wrong with my son. have you ever had any dreams about something being wrong with your baby? If so please explain...

idk if i had this dream because im so scared of giving birth and something going wrong...what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never had those kinds of dreams but my dd has. She was told its really normal to have them because we hold anxiety in our minds about how we will be as mothers, and what not. Dreams are usually our unconscious mind bring forward thoughts we dont want to think about in our waking lives. So in the back of your mind you are worried if you baby will be ok and if you will be a good mom. I think thats pretty normal.

Answer by gemgem at 9:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I had crazy dreams when I was pregnant... I had a dream that my b/f was holding our baby and he went to hand her to me and instead dropped her on purpose... no one has dropped her yet or anything close to it like fall off the couch or anything and shes 6 1/2 months old. It's normal to dream and worry :)
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i had them all the time when i was pregnant.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• VERY COMMON TO HAVE SUCH THOUGHTS OR DREAMS, ANXIETY CAN PLAY THOSE TRICKS ON YOU. YOUR MOTHERLY INSTINCT WILL KICK IN RIGHT AWAY, DON'T WORRY, YOU WILL BE A GREAT MOM!

Answer by older at 9:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• people have dreams like this...some are very crazy. I had a dream someone was driving a plane over my house and droped someone down and come into my house and stole my pickles and the stores wouldn't get anymore in so i was so upset...Don't worry you will be a GREAT MOM!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think it is because you don't want anything to go wrong. I have similar weird dreams.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Anxiety dreams are extremely common when pregnant.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• those kinda dreams are normal it just means that your worring to much about if your baby will have problems or not i had dreams that my daughter was born with no feet and she does with all ten toes so its just you worring dont cause im sure everything is fine if it wasnt your doc would have told you so
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• so normal to have nightmares its your way of expressing anxiety with change but it doesnt mean you'll be a bad mom by any means people tell me Im a great mom and I had a dream I dropped her and she rolled into a sewer drain on the highway LMAO scared the shit out of me.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009