=[

i'm 32 weeks today and i can't stop coughing, i know i have a cold b/c i have a stuffy nose etc. anyways, does coughing stress the baby or anything? can coughing too hard hurt the baby? and blowing your nose too hard?!
weird questions i guess, but i'm just wondering...

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You'll be fine it's just uncomfortable and it sucks. I'm sorry. The woman the suggested the slaine and the humidifer is totally correct. I used to make a steam room in the bathroomwhen I could'nt quit coughing and that always helped.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• no i don't think it can hurt that baby. that baby is well protected.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No Im pretty sure none of that will hurt your baby. Saline drops are completely safe while your pregnant if you have a stuffed up nose. A humidifier might help aswell. Chicken soup? Maybe you could give your doctor a call to ask other things that are safe to take during pregnancy. :( sorry your sick. During my last trimester with my last pregnancy i got a bad stomache bug and was vomiting eveything I ate or drank i called my doctor to be sure it was ok never hesitate to call your doctor if you have concerns they are there to help you. I hope you feel better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• a friend of mine ended tearing nthe ligaments in her sides from coughing she is 6 months and her doc but her on total bedrest till she got better. But she had a c-section in the past so that could have had something to do with it. she also had the flu not just a cold.
    iloveme7290

Answer by iloveme7290 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• and it didn't hurt the baby just her
    iloveme7290