Has anyone read "The Shack"?

My cousin gave it to me for Christmas, and I've just begun reading it, even though it's not "my type" of book.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. What are your thoughts on the book? Good, bad, stupid, fan-flippin-tastic?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 9:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I choose the last option -- I thought it was "fan-flippin-tastic"! It really changed the way I relate to God and made it so much easier.
    Squeaky79

Answer by Squeaky79 at 1:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Never even heard of it. Who's the author? What's it about?
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• agreed, never heard of it. whats it about and who is the author? oh and whats "your type" of book?
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 9:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I loved it :)

It's by William P. Young.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• its sitting in my to be read pile along with a few other books.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• LOVED IT.

Really amazing - can't believe that such a simple story could be told so well.

I have recommended it to everyone!

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• anyone give a detailed review? I love reading... just want to know if it's my type of book..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm not sure why it's important, but "my type" of book is anything historical, be it romance, fantasy, whatever....

It's by William Paul Young, and I'm sure if I tell you what it's about, you'd just raise an eyebrow because I will not do it justice if I try to explain it. It sounds a little (or, a lot) "out there". I'll just tell you what the back of the book says:

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Mackenzie Allen Philips's youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in the midst of his "Great Sadness", Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.

Against his better judgement he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I bought it for my dad for christmas and he said how can you give me a book where the guys daughter is murdered? I told him I heard it was good...He is really enjoying it. He said the author is a very good writer and it is thought provoking...Im reading it next.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2009