Paranoid?

In the mornings, I go out to the car, get it running, defrosters blasting, then lock all the doors and come back inside. I have a spare set of keys that I use to get into the car when I'm ready to leave. I am paranoid at the thought of my running car being stolen, although I have no reason to be other than the thought that it CAN happen. But I'm not about to sit out in that ice cold car and wait for it to warm up while I slowly ice over.

Am I the only one who does this?

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do it too lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I do the same thing. It is tooooo cold to be sitting out there freezing with my car. As long as the doors are locked, I don't worry too much.
    CrissiCat

Answer by CrissiCat at 9:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I dont lock it. I do turn it on and leave it running. My son usually starts it for me and pulls it up to the front door. Its nice now that my teens can drive lol. I can send them to do these things and they enjoy it and they are so protective of me they pull the car right up to the door like I am a princess.

Answer by gemgem at 10:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I do the same thing...
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• That's so sweet, gemgem!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 10:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No, I don't lock it. I never thought about it.....I guess I think it would be very unlikely where we live. It could happen....but I never really thought about it.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I do it too, but I heard that in Dallas which isn't far from where I live that they give out tickets to people who leave their cars running in their driveways because there have been so many car thefts that way there. I however have never heard of anyones car being stolen that way.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Get a remote starter installed. Hit the button BOOM car warms up while you are inside. Any car audio place or a handy husband can install this for you.
    deardrush

Answer by deardrush at 10:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• automatic car starter with an alarm is the way to go. My clicker even beeps me in the store on my key chain if someone messes with my car in the lot...most times it is DH playing a trick on me but I love that feature.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2009