do you think a man who has aproblem with lying and arguing can change

ch2727

Asked by ch2727 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• everything, anything is possible, America has there first black president......................

so what do you think now, be patient and believe in him
    mmaeko

Answer by mmaeko at 9:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Depends on the man...some yes with counseling and realization of their own issues, communication, etc.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I really don't think so. Not by himself. Something drastic would have to happen. Counseling may help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• only if he wants to.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thats up to the man. If they want to change and take steps to do so then sure it is possible. Do I think they will change on their own over time? No.

Answer by gemgem at 9:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• A problem with lying...He probably lied all his life..People like that tend to believe their own stories.
    Can he change..I feel it he can admit that he has a problem and wants to better himself.
    The fighting part I believe can change..I grew up in a family that all we did was argue. My fiance now would never tolerate it and because of him I now know how to communicate. So in a sense if you do not tolerate the fighting in turn he has noone to fight with.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• He can, but it won't be easy and it won't be quick and it will only happen if he recognizes the problem and wants to change it himself and I think therapy is required if he's serious about changing. YOU can not change him.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• They can change if they WANT to and CHOOSE to. The problem is...Some men don't want to...That's what keeps people from changing...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I am sure if the guy wants to change then he can. I believe that any behavior/habit can be changed if the person wants to change but they have to want to do it and work hard at it. No one can change them. I learned that recently.

pamkay414

Answer by pamkay414 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• not without help from a person trained in these matter. His lying is probably from some sort of personality disorder and is deep rooted. The arguing is something a lot of men enjoy doing so not sure he'd even want to change. Men love competition even if only with words. It takes two to keep an argument going. So just don't say anything or if possible just agree with him (even if it's said with sarcasm!). I end it with "whatever you say, Dear". That works for me!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2009