• In the Spotlight:

How do you know when your child is ready to start potty training? my son will be 2 next week.

michiganmommy11

Asked by michiganmommy11 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I personally think that is too soon unless they are telling you. Like when they have gone pee or poop, when they feel disgusted in their own diaper and taking it off because of not liking the dirty feeling.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i started putting my daughter on the pot occasionally a little before she turned one but now she is 15 months and she is starting to take her diaper offf so she is on the pot alot these days.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• When they show an interest in the potty, dont have wet diapers at night anymore and are off the bottle completely.

Answer by gemgem at 9:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I would try to go by what he is telling you. I think that starting at 2 is good because they are still young enough to want to please and old enough to understand. I think if you wait to long then you are potty training them when they are 3 1/2 - 4 or even older.

I know that my boys were both potty trained by 2 1/2 and my daughter was 2.

I think that if you try and your son is really giving you a hard time then he is not ready. If he is willing to try then I would start. The thing to remember is that you have to be consistent with what you are doing.

Good Luck and if you need any ideas PM me
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2009