Opinions from you ladies

I am going to be having a U/S later this week. My DR is being a pain lately, and I have been having problems with BP, I am gestational, and already in the L&D with close and hard contractions that he gave me a shot to stop. With my GD, it is starting to go wacko again and I see my endocrinologist tomorrow. But last Monday my baby weighted about 7lb 4oz, that was about a pound more in half a week. She gets measured today and is measuring big, 8/9lbs, would she be talking to your DR about getting induced. He keeps insisting to make it to 39wks plus and I am 37 1/2 wks now. I know not much longer, but that can be another pound or two, and I am miserable now now because of the pressure I have and she is laying on blood vessel cause headaches, that is what the DR said it was from.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had GD and my dr always kept an eye on the weight. They told me my dd would be 9-10 lbs and I was induced at 39 weeks. I was pretty nervous about her weight but when she was born she was only 7lbs 5 oz. Keep in mind when they predict the weight they look at the height of the baby and guestimate based on that. If your dh or you are tall then part of the size can be looked at that way (not that it makes u feel any better since chubby or not they are long lol).
    Anyway 39 weeks with GD is pretty normal. I had it with two of my pregnancies and was induced at 39 weeks with both.

Answer by gemgem at 9:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• first off those u/s can be as much as 2 pounds off. second, womem have 9 pound babies all the time - it's no that big a deal. I had a 9 lb 8 oz baby with no colpications other than an episiotomy.
    doc was sure my dd was over 8 pounds and several days after that u/s she came out 7 10.
    relax, your baby will be better off if she does her baking in you. I know its hard but just think about giving her the best start you can by letting her stay till she's ready.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:00 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My first was 9lb 7oz. So I've already had a larger baby. My second baby was 7lbs 11oz. I am worrying about 10lbs. haha. U/S tech already said she is long. Which I can tell, she is way low and I feel her kicking at my ribs I just know with my second he always kept an eye on size, and this one he seems to not care. Also last two preg. I had them at 38wks and 37wks.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Didn't a study just come out about inducing before 39 weeks and how much the risks go up? I'd wait.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry hun. I'm not going to give you any pat answers cause i know they just don't help. During the last couple weeks of my pregnancy i did a lot of reading on lamaze. I would recommend trying some of those stretches. Or better yet get a prenatal yoga dvd at the library. Some of the stretches will reposition baby into a more comfortable position.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2009