braxton hicks

Does everyone expierence them? I am 37 weeks and I have had them maybe 3 times and on all different days... could I be having them and just not feeling them? Does this mean that I wont go into labor on my own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Braxton hicks is false contractions that just preps your body for actual labor. It doesn mean you wont go into labor on your own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm 32 weeks pregnant and have them frequently. Sometimes I don't even notice. You can tell by touching your stomach. If it is super firm all around, you are probably contracting.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i had braxton hicks for a month.. when the contractions are 5 minutes apart for more than 2 hours or your leaking fluid then its time to hit the hospital =)
    iloveshealyn

Answer by iloveshealyn at 10:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• im having them now had them with my daughter for about a month or so before she was born and no it doesnt mean you wont go into labor by your self like others have answered it just means your body is getting ready for the real thing... and you may only feel them when your not active just like the baby kicking if your are super busy you may not feel him/her move
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• ok thanks girls!! i appreciate it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2009