Do other little girls do this?

My almost four daughter is always rubbing her potty up against things. The chair, the bench. even her spring horse. Is this normal behavior? I have asked her why she does it, she just says she is bored.

standr4

Asked by standr4 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Her potty? You mean her privates?

My daughter isn't that age yet but I worked in daycare centers where little girls had done this (mainly at naptime with their pillow). It seemed common.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• What is her potty??
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yes other little girls do it to. It feels good. I would check her out though and make sure she doesn't have a yeast infection or other itchy type problem. When she starts doing it ask her to go do it in her room.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• thank you i don't know what she means by potty. i picture the little girl carrying her potty chair around banging it on things lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• ask her to go do it in her room? if this is what she is doing i would sit her down and try to explain to her (as young as she is ) that it really isn't a polite thing to do.i mean if you keep letting her do it then one day she is going to embarrass you with it in public or when you have company.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Just explain that its something that needs to be done in private and only in her bedroom, that way she doesn't do it in public or when you've got company.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It is normal. I just explained to my daughter that this is something that should only be in private, that it is definitely not something to in front of friends or anyone else. But it is normal for their age.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree with telling her that is something done in private and all of that, but definitely make sure she does not have something going on down there. Sometimes they do this when something is bothering them and she may not have the words to tell her.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009