why there is no peace? What do you think are the reasons?

I would like to suggest two more reasons that explain Israel's present and past policy towards its neighbours. The first is that peace endangers Israel's very existence as it would loose the support of the European and American Jews if it did leave in peace; funds would dwindle down and immigrants would be few and far between. The second is that a large part of the Israeli working population is employed directly or indirectly by the war industry, whose products are both exported and used locally. So if the arsenals are not emptied now and then - which also explains the exaggerated quantity of weapons used both against Lebanon and against Gaza - massive unemploymentwould ensue and cause social unrest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Karmalove, do you deny the Zionist Movement? The Jewish people do have a right to a homeland, if they buy it or take possession legally. Not by force, by killing people, kicking them out of their homes with a gun put to their heads forcing all the Palestinians into refugee camps. There are over 4 Million Palestinians living in refugee camps in Gaza Strip Alone. How do you justify this? As far as who was there first is a pointless arguement, not to meantion the Palestinians, who are the same people of Canaan were the first inhabitants of this land. The Zionists have been terrorizing the Palestinians for far too long now.

patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 11:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• As long as there is Zionism, There Will NEVER Be PEACE.

patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 10:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Because war is part of human nature. There cannot be peace without war.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• There is no peace because all the new generations are raised with intolerance to the other side. Honestly even if Israel had no weapons there'd be no peace. Both claim ownership of the land and both refuse to budge.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 10:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• There will be no peace because Israel was created by forcing people from their homes without compensation and then holding those people in ghettos or treating them as second class citizens without rights equal to the Jewish citizens of Israel.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Karmalove, have you forgotten the horrible Occupation the Palestinians are living under? It is worse than anyone had imagined. The UN plans on reporting everything as soon as possible. The living conditions there are unimaginable....before Israel bombed them to pieces.
    patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 10:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No, I was the one who called them cowards for posting anon. Must be confusing for you all to know who is posting where because you all post anon.

Doesn't matter to me, it justs proves one point. You post anon because you truly don't stand by your words. I on the other hand stand by my words, I NEVER post anon. I don't care for popularity contests and I am not stooping down to your childish level.

It is not fair to the underdog when she is up against someone like me who is more educated on certain matters.

patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 10:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• What happend to all the anon answers?! LOL so funny you guys got deleted! Thanks for the laugh though.
    patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 10:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No patientmama I haven't forgotten the conditions of the Palestinian people. I haven't forgotten the images of body parts blown apart in the explosions of Palestinian suicide bombers either. The fact remains that both sides continue this struggle because both believe they are 100% right in their struggle and refuse to acknowledge the terrible things they have done to one another. They teach this to new generations and the cycle continues. It breaks my heart the murderers can condemn murders done by the other side, but not see what they themselves have done. This is for both sides. This goes back years and years not just 1948. Atrocities against Jewish residents in Palestine were occurring even in the 1920's.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 11:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Con't

This isn't a new hatred/anger and it won't diminish any time soon. When neither side will come to the table to discuss options ready to concede some things then neither side will know peace. I'm sorry but there have been Jews in this land for over 3000 years and there have been Arabs in the land nearly the same amount of time, they both have rights to the land. Whether they want to live in peace is up to them.
    karmalove