How do you feel about your little one seeing you or your significant other naked?

I don't really mind! My daughter is 19 months old, and sometimes I'll jump in the bath with her- my husband will even throw on his swimsuit and splash around in there once in a while. Thoughts?

weezer_cookie

Asked by weezer_cookie at 10:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 2 1/2 year old daughter takes a bath in the bottom of the tub while I shower. I don't care! Saves time AND water!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I honestly could not care less. It's ust a naked body- everyone has one!
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 10:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It's hard for me because i have 5 young children all under 5 and they all want to be with mummy all of the time. So i still do it but i have stoped it with my oldest because he is getting to old now.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 10:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It's just me and then, no man here (and I don't do women). It's a natural thing to see me walking around naked. They're used to it but sometimes my 2 year old will say, MOMMMMMMM!!! like he is so disgusted at what he sees! ha.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I agree that the body needs to be respected, however, I don't believe that hiding it and acting shameful about your parts is the way to go.
    Our family is fairly relaxed about nudity. My feeling is that when you are open, honest and matter of fact about being naked the kids have that attitude also. When my kids see nudity in art or in life they don't dwell on it or even point it out, it's like "boobs. wow. big deal." and they move on.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think it only becomes a big deal if you make it into one. My hubby won't get undressed in front of the kids. But that's his personal decision. I don't personally care. I will change with them in the room or whatever. They don't care because I don't care.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:51 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think it's fine, untill the child thinks it's akward.
    And as long as they understand about private parts, and that it's not okay for anyone but mommy or daddy to see you naked, or to be naked around them.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It's depends on the age. I don't mind my 3 yr old being in with me while I'm getting dressed. My 10 yr old is another story. I don't particularly mind if I'm already in a bra and panties, but I don't need him seeing me get my bra on. and from the way he acts, he wouldn't like it much either. The older ones have gotten private on their own and since they don't want us just walking in they have taught themselves to knock.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think it's fine, as long as the child isn't uncomfortable....and as others stated in the previous posts, if a big deal isn't made of it....my son (4) still takes baths w/ hubby...and i walk around the house w/out clothes on around him.....i know hubby will be diff. with my daughter by that age, though....
    JADENMAC

Answer by JADENMAC at 11:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My dd is only 6 months old, and she sees mommy naked all the time. She sees her daddy naked when he's getting in/out of the shower. I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2009