I am nerves when my unborn baby comes home because my Dh can't sleep without a fan(ever sence he was small) in the room and even if the heat is on in the house its still cold in are room,

and I told him many time when the baby come you can't sleep with it on and of coruse he got upset and said" you know i cant bebe" so now I ma not sure what to do.
KINDA A VENT =o)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• first someone tell me what is a "DH" is that damn husband??? lol is that cafemom talk??? and what is a dd??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i have the same problem i cant ever sleep without a fan even when the AC is on i have to have it on. so i just wrapped my baby in warm clothes. and i heard that having the fan on can prevent SID's
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• omg thats crazy my SO is the same way. even in winter he has the damn fan on. lol. we are having the baby sleep in our room when we bring him home, but my man just got a smaller fan and i have a basenet (sorry if spelled wrong) that will be on my side of the bed so it wont really effect the baby. maybe you can try that. we even rearanged are room so that the baby wont be effected. so if you dh really cant sleep without it, try and come up with a way so that he can still have his fan and not bother the baby. because the sound itself shouldnt bother the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Maybe I'm just a meanie but I would tell my hubby to get over it and turn off the fan. We ALL have to make sacrifices when WE have a baby and he would just have to get used to it being off.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• have it blowign away from the baby and on the lowest setting. maybe even keep the door open to allow the room to circulate with warm air from outside the room. baby should be fine if you put a warm onsie on them. just remember no blankets till they can lift their head. and roll over..bout 6-7 months ish
    MollyDB

Answer by MollyDB at 10:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Calm down, it's okay. Put your hubby on one side witht he fan and baby on the other side of the bed. Point the fan towards the wall on low or away from baby. If it's just for the sound then it will probably calm baby then too, she/he will get used to it as well. As of the air, as long as its not directly blowing on baby, baby will be okay. Don't make your hubby upset if this is how he needs to sleep, you both will need all the sleep you can get! So, just swaddle the baby and everything will be fine.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Oh and the no blanket thing.... we used a light swaddling blanket when he was little and he slept in between these little foam blocks... one on each side so he didn't roll and so the blanket stayed in place. I don't know what they are called but they are great and sold at wal-mart. Anyways, no heavy blankets and no blankets id they arent swaddled. There are also special swaddlers that zipper or you can get the blankey sleepers that look like a sack. I love those things
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• thanks to everyone.
    I did hear about the fan and SID's so I guess its kinda a good thing and AshJoe05 I know what your talking about I got one at my babyshower.

*and DH mean's dear husband
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Actually, sleeping with the fan on helps with preventing Sids. Just buy some of those fleece sleepers and bundle your baby up. It's best for them not to get too hot anyway.
    Anonymous

• if you put the baby in a blanket sleeper (they zip up and are like 10 bucks at walmart) then the newborn should be warm enough. you don't want to overbundle though because babies body temps run higher than ours.

Also studies show that fans could reduce the risk of sids. Something about air flow and white noise.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009