• In the Spotlight:

Is this actually going to work??

I am putting my five month old down for a nap in his own bed for the first time (he usually sleeps on me or in his swing). He is laying quietly in his bed listening to a lullaby CD. How long will this last? Is it going to actually work??

This is just for fun, I don't actually expect you to be psychic. Go ahead and post similar experiances or comments as you please :) I'll post an update later if it works or not!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Today is the first time he's slept in his crib at all in his entire 5 month life. He is now on his second nap for the day again in the crib. Yay!
    Anonymous

• it should work.. maybe out him to sleep before u out him in there.. he'll get used to it..
    jenny2150

Answer by jenny2150 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I tried to put him out first, but he wakes up while I am lowering him into his bed. I'm hoping he'll just drift off in there. So far he's been in there for like 10 minutes and isn't crying so that's a good sign!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Ha!! He's out!! I can't even believe it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• if he's tired enough he should sleep anywhere!! Does he sleep in his bed at night? We started putting DD in her bed for naps around 3 months cuz sleeping in the swing she would only nap for 20 min, if we put her upstairs she takes 2 hour naps.. its great!! Since they think of sleeping when they're in the crib, you might get a longer nap!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It really would depend on his temperment. I had one child who napped perfectly well on her own from a very early age. Literally all I had to do was put her down and she was out like a light. Our lives were so easy back then. LOL But then we gave her brothers, one who was just a little less easy, then one who was so needy he didn't sleep on his own, even for naps, until he was 18 mos old.
    Anonymous