One, Two, or Three.....or STOP?

My Dh and I were talking last night, We have one little girl right now and we are trying for number 2. Well I was considering having my tubes tied afterward. Im only 23, and I told him hubby last night what if we have another girl, Do you want to try for a third and see if we get a boy or just stop at two? He said two is enough. I would LOVE to have a little boy.....a mama's boy :-) So have any of you had to have this talk with your DH or SO......Just curious on what everyone thinks about stopping at 2 kids if both are girls or try for a third and see if you get that little boy? Thanks All!!!!

ToberzMama

Asked by ToberzMama at 10:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have three boys and no girls. I got my tubes tied after the third and I get the question all the time, you don't want to try for a girl? No knowing my luck I will end up with seven boys before I get a girl. A very dear friend of mine tried five times to have a girl with his ex wife and ended up with five boys. So do whatever feels right for you and your family, and hopefully you won't end up with seven girls before you get a boy.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I had a boy and a girl back to back and thought I was done. I ended up pregnant again after my second baby totally unplanned and right away. I had a second little boy. After that my now ex husband said he was done but I didnt know if I was done. He was kinda a jerk and I was already questioning staying with him. I went on to have 5 kids altogether and remarrying. I was only 23 as well after my 3rd and just felt like I was too young to decide not to have anymore kids. I was glad I didnt get my tubes tied.
    I think that YOU know how many YOU want and you should go with what your gut is telling you. You will know when you are done.

Answer by gemgem at 10:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• That is a very personal choice that each couple needs to make. I personally lucked out and got both genders and I stopped at 2 because that is the number that we agreed on. I personally wouldn't go for a third since there is only a 50/50 chance of getting what you "want"... Again that is a decision you and your Dh need to make.
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• We did when i fell pregnant with our first and he turned out to be a little boy so we decided to try for another and we had another baby boy, so we left it at that but did'nt use protection (because i went backon the pill) and within 4months i fell pregnant with our 3rd baby boy and had him and then decided we would have one more to make them close together and were hoping for a girl and 5mo later i concived and had baby Wyatt but then by accident fell pregnant with baby boy 5. And had him when my 4th baby was 9mo.

Keeping in mind we did not intended to get pregnant all so close and the pill and condoms failed us and we ended up having 5 baby boys but would'nt wan't it anyother way so we are going to wait 3 more years untill we have babt no.6 hopefully a girl and will be ur last.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 10:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• DH and I have had this discussion numerous times, lol.

We have a 7.5 month old son now and were thinking about trying for #2 in the summer, maybe, still not sure. We didn't find out the sex for our son and were very happy to have a boy since that was what we both wanted (although a girl would have been great too).

For #2 I would LOVE to have another boy. Not only because I have all the clothing, but I think it would be great for my son to have a brother.

But I think we'd by done, either boy or girl, after 2 kids. We have a 3 bedroom house, plus I really don't want to juggle schedules for three kids and have DH and I figure out whose going where. We both have two siblings and know how crazy it is when all three kids are involved in sports or other activities.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm sure I would have tried for a 3rd!... because I had a boy, then a girl... and still went for the 3rd even though we already had one of each lol (had another boy).

SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 10:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I got lucky and had a boy, then a girl. Then I had my tubes tied. My sister had two girls and they tried again for a boy... and had him! Her hubby had an appointment for a vasectomy when... oops! they found out they were pregnant again! Number four was a girl again. I think they're probably done! LOL
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 10:51 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i had 2 boys and wanted a girl luckily the 3rd was a girl so we stopped.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I had 5...3 boys and 2 girls before we figgured out what causes that lol we are soooo done!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I am 39 and my husband is 47. We have an 11 year old son and an 8 year old son. We aren't having anymore eventhough I'd love to try one more time for a girl but if it were another boy I wouldn't care. I could even have twins because I'm a twin with a boy and my mom was 39 with us. I don't want anymore because of financial reasons but mainly because I'm afraid that I would have an unhealthy baby. Our 8 year old gave us a scare when he was born. He was sick and in the NICU for the first week of his life. He was finally diagnosed with Acid Reflux. It would come up and he's stop breathing for a split second and you can see the burn reaction in his eyes. It's scary. I'm just grateful I have two healthy children. He is fine now. I'll never have a daughter and I accept that. I'm happy.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 3:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009