Help..

I don't know what to do.. All day yesterday and the day before my baby would start fussing if you laid her down. I don't know what her deal was, because she didn't seem to be feeling bad. It was like she just wanted to be held. And I mean its not like I hold her all the time. Same with my husband. Usually if she is awake she is lying in the bed or on a blanket on the floor, and we play with her that way. The only time she is really held is when she is being fed or when we want to hold her. But if you guys have any suggestions about breaking her of that.. Please.. It would be much appreciated.

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she was a little more hungry than usual and figured if you were holding her you might feed her as well? My daughter used to go through periods-like a few days up to a week or so-where she would be hungry more than normal....likewise ones where she would not be as hungry. I guess this is triggered by periods of growth.
    If that's not it, maybe she is not feeling well? Maybe she has alittle gas....do you ever try lay her on her stomach...like when you are watching her atleast?
    I wouldn't worry too much at this point....it's also possible she just wants to be held! Maybe she likes the view better lol.... good luck, I'm sure everything is fine!
    usmcmom29

Answer by usmcmom29 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• She is way too young to try and break her of being held all the time. She needs cuddles and love, so hold her. It may be a phase, but try and enjoy the closeness while it lasts. Some day she will resist those hugs.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• oh i so agree with kboney hold her and cuddle she must need it for a reason if she has not been doing this all the time and when you can't hold her all day and she is only fussing let her fus there is nothing wrong with that eiether you know your child use your gut you'll be fime
    grandma430

Answer by grandma430 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• She may have an ear infection. If you lay a baby down and they cry that could be what it is. Even if she isnt sick. If she drinks laying down the fluid could get in the ear. I know when that happend to me my daughter had one. It hurts really bad if they are laying down. If not it could also be a seperation thing. How old is she? around 6 months they begin to realize that they are not part of you anymore and that they are their own person. My daughter went through that too. It is hard to deal with, but it does pass. I would just keep an eye on it if she continues to cry i would get her checked.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• she probably is looking for some loving. Babies need to feel secure in their environment, and the way they do that is to cry. They look for someone to respond to their needs. If she's crying then she wants something (at her age). Pick her up for a little while, walk around with her and snuggle with her, then try putting her down again. You cannot spoil a baby so young by holding them all the time, babies under 3 months need to be held to feel loved and build trust in you and your SO. Good luck!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• if she wants to be held, hold her.
    that's the only advice i have.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009