does this mean anything

okay i have been having menstral cramping, (not contractions) all weekend long. i dont have to go to the bathroom or anything like that. but its been hurting so bad. at first it started in my lower abd. then it moved to my lower back, and now its also in my upper abd. its getting really painful. is this just normal, or is it a sign that labor will be here soon. im 37 weeks and 5 days. any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it probably just braxton hicks but could be labor if they continue start timing them and if they are 5 mins apart u need to go to the hospital i have been having the same thing excepted mine are braxton hicks because they arent consistant try laying on your left side and good luck
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I was always told that braxton hicks are not supposed to hurt. To me, it sounds like it could be labor coming. Do you have a doc appt soon? If not, you may want to call and let them know what is going on and see what they say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2009