My son wont go to sleep anymore. He is now acting like he is terrified of his room. I try to lay him down and he screams like someone killed his best friend!

He wakes up in the middle of the night screaming terribly also and refuses to get back in his crib. He is 21 months old. What do I do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh wow, my daughter is the same age and she does that too. Not all the time but more often than I would like. I really don't know what it is. I put her to sleep in a different room and then lay her down in her bed.
    Susan0976

Answer by Susan0976 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• the problem with that is that when I lay him down after he is passed out he arches his back and screams. He wakes up everytime!!
    sspano77

Answer by sspano77 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• my son did that too and i either turned on calm music and sang a song and said mommy loves you or turn on a favorite movie (somthing you can learn from is best) I was told the problem is around 2 is when children learn they can get hurt and attach to mommy or daddy even more...good luck
    dholland08

Answer by dholland08 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Is he teething? Those 2-year molars can turn your world upside down! When you lay him down, put him on his side or tummy.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2008