What are you looking for when shopping for new baby and kid gifts online? Could use great insights from cyber-Moms for my recent new online business, chickiddie.com.

chicctmom

Asked by chicctmom at 10:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Shopping

• I look for natural or organic products that are educational. As far as clothes go, I look for anything made in USA if possible, and if not, then organic clothing is always a good thing. It's a bit more expensive, but I see more and more people moving towards organic toys and clothes for their children.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I always try to find great play items that require the child to use their imagination- like blocks or art supplies. I really love the cardboard house from Kids on Roof on your site. My girls would color, decorate and play with that for hours. I also love to buy personalized gifts as I've learned that kids just love to see their name "in lights"- especially once they start writing their names in preschool. I love the monogram tees on your site (what an easy and fun gift) and I also love the "miss month" tees- those are personalized and glittery - perfect for any little girl. It's a great site. Good luck to you. I'll be purchasing some stuff soon- I have some birthday parties coming up!
    lolocatmom

Answer by lolocatmom at 11:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I normally will be looking for stylish clothes at reasonable prices. I normally will buy clothes, accessories the most of the time. For gifts it varies. I've bought them a swing set and riding toys. I also brought them toys that allow them to draw.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I like the gift baskets.. when they have an outfit with booties and blanket... or a stuffed animal with rabbit and blanket.. things like that.. or a set for medical things.. or a great gift basket idea would be diapers, wipes, burb clothes, blanket, and toy or stuffed animal.. IDK I'm big on getting a variety.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2009