Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Really confused on this help!!!

my son's dad is retired/disabled veteran and hasnt paid child support the whole 7 years my son has been around. Im debating on whether or not i should go after child support but not sure how that is figured up

that is the link for the compensation table his dad is 100% disabled and it says rate is 2873, but how much of that goes to the child?
i know the best way to find out is to ask the person that is handling this case, but i dont want to look like a total idiot.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2011 in Military

Answers (6)
  • I'm not sure at all but I read somewhere that it was 28% of his gross? That could be completely wrong and I'm not sure if it is figured differently if it's disabled income but I bet someone here knows :)

    Answer by Brawnwyn at 6:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2011

  • Probably much less than you imagine. Can you call anonymously, sort of like you asked this question?

    Answer by meooma at 6:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2011

  • Contact a family lawyer; she/he will have the answer for you

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2011

  • they are used to all kinds of questions...dont feel stupid just ask!!!

    Answer by sweet_emma at 8:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2011

  • You may not be able to get anything out of his disability check. All you can do is look into it.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 6:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2011

  • It depends on a lot of things. Child support if based on income but also on how much you make as well. I am not sure you can take disability but he should be getting retirement pay. I am surprised that he wasn't paying sooner. The army will talk the money right of his pay check while active duty.. not sure about retired. I am sure its the same.

    I am curious as to why you are debating getting child support? Does he ever see his son? and does that matter in child support cases? all things to ask your family lawyer.

    Answer by NaiveDream at 6:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.