Have you ever locked your keys in your car without any extra keys on you?

My DH has did it twice. Once when we were the Movie Gallery so that was slightly embarassing. Another time he locked them in while the car was running! He was trying to charge our battery. We used a fly swatter and taped a mail opener at the end of it, pulled the window down a little and sat there for like 30 minutes trying to hit the button to unlock it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can not count the number of times I have had to have the cops get my keys out of my car. The absolute worst time was when my daughter was ONE MONTH old....I locked her inside the car along with my car and house keys. The cops rushed over and unlocked the car for me....and they gave my daughter a stuffed police bear....lol....well I have most definetly NOT done that since! Guess the cure for that is lock you newborn baby inside once and you will never do it again...it was awful!
    usmcmom29

Answer by usmcmom29 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yep..... I just stood there because i had just made extra key put them on the same ring until i got home.Then with my kids acting a plum fool in the backseat i got out of the car and lock the doors and THERE IT WAS MY KEYS LOOKING AT ME......HAHAHAHAHA

But i haven't done it since......
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I did it at the gas station! Had to call the police man he was angry
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I've done it twice and had to call the fire department to come get them out . . . they brought the big fire truck which was sooo embarassing!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 11:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have never locked my keys in my car, but I have locked myself out of the house several times before and I tell you it is not fun when I have to tell my DH that I broke a window to get in the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I acidentally locked my keys in the car with my baby in it, I was freaking out so bad. I had to call 911, luckily my new car has a keypad on the door so I can get in without my keys.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yes I have... If you guys live in a city you probably have roadside assisstance and they will unlock for free. It comes with car warranties, auto insurance and cell phone plans...its a good number to have in your phone. They will also change a flat, jump start and bring you gas when u ignore the light too long. Can you tell what I used to do for a living :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• OMG...my hubby who is currently in GA without myself and the kiddos, went to Walmart to pick up some things. Because he is a man...no other excuse, he put the keys in the ignition and started the car right away. He got out closed his door and proceeded to put his loot in the car. The went to get in and realized he had locked himself out, in the cold, with no coat, with the truck running. I have the only other key...in PA. He had to call a lock smith. Thank god it was covered under our car insurance and our cell phone plan had roadside assistance.
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Only at night in the pouring down rain with the car running, the kids in the carseats, me loading groceries. Had to call the fire dept. :( Very embarrassing.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I did it twice. The first time was when YDS was about a month old and my sister and I decided to take our kids to the mall. While we were getting the older 2 kids out and situated and the strollers out, my sister decided it was too hot to wear her coat and put it in the trunk, forgetting the keys were already in the coat pocket. In all the madness, and moving around, all the doors ended up shut and locked with the baby inside. Luckily, my brother is a mechanic and was there in 10 minutes and the baby slept through the whole thing.
    I did it again a couple months ago. I had a crockpot to bring in for a potluck, my latte, and my purse. In trying to balance everything, I completely forgot my keys. Hubby had to get off of work a little early to break into the car. He used a slim jim, and I found it incredibly sexy.
    Soccer_Mama

Answer by Soccer_Mama at 10:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2009