My hair is pin straight. How do I get a spiral curl?

I tried using a curling iron, but for some reason my hair won't curl.

ladybelle316

Asked by ladybelle316 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Are you washing your hair the day you try to curl it?
    Clean hair won't curl as good so wait a day or two after washing it to curl it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Also you can buy velcro rollers (they have different sizes) at Sally and after you get out of the shower with your hair wet roll it and sleep with them on. Trust me you will be curled for at least two-three days. Velcro rollers are the best for hair because they don't damage it. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• okay, wash it, put mouse in it, dry it (or just air dry) use a curling iron or rollers but before curling/wrapping each chunk of hair spray it well with a good flexable hair spray (like pantine) then leave them (rollers) in till cool... straight hair is a real blessig but a bitch to curl!! i know!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You should seek a Hair Stylist! Trying to curl pin straight hair will usually damage your hair if your not sure as to what your doing. I have a friend with bone straight hair, she went and got a Spiral perm and it came out Beautiful!! Her hair was real curly and she didn't have to go back to the salon for months! GoodLuck Ladybelle
    aniyasm

Answer by aniyasm at 1:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Product will help. I like to use Redken's Spary Starch. It's made to protect your hair and hold the curl.

If you have course hair you may have to use an adjustable heat curling iron.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 3:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• a spiral perm, scruching it with mousse or a spiral curl curling iron
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You sound like my daughter. Can't hold a curl for 10 minutes. If your hair is that hard to curl, it's not meant to be curly. I'd definitely not perm it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2009