Can we eat in front of the 5 month old?

is his craving gonna be so much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Of course you can eat in front of a five month old. It's good for them to see you eating, how kids learn. If you haven't started solids yet and your 5 month old is watching you closely while your eating he/she may be read to start. Signs that they are ready is watching you eat, opening their mouths like a baby bird. Able to grasp a spoon and bring it to their mouth, holding their head up with control and without assistance. Talk to your ped if you think your baby is ready to start solids.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 11:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My Lord people! Sometimes I think people don't know how to think! What cravings does your baby have? Has he ever tasted a steak? NO! He has no idea what your eating, let alone what it tastes like. You only get cravings when you know what food tastes like
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• of course you can!!! Your baby might be interested in what you have to eat.. if that's the case then maybe its time to try some cereal or juice. I was always taught that you start solids when baby shows interest. That's what we did with our daughter. She was always trying to get our food, so we started feeding her her own!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Um...why couldn't you?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I would say you could up until they start eating finger foods and know what they are missing!
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Why wouldn't you???? I know my 5mo LOVES to watch us eat. Everyone always think that she wants to eat the food too...but she would look at anything like that, she's just at the stage where she wants to put EVERYTHING in her mouth.
    Plus, your baby is getting to the point where he may be ready or almost ready to start solids....so it's normal to be curious and stare. He may even start sucking or "chewing" when you eat. That's a sign of readiness for solids.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• We always had our babies sit at the table with us as we ate. We had a reclining high chair they sat in. They are part of the family and should be included as early as possible to make family dinners a habit.
    Anonymous

• of course you can! Put him in a high chair with some toys! Thats what we do! She is fine watching us eat!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 1:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009