My boss wont be considerate...almost 37 weeks

My dr told me to go the er to get my leg checked because only one foot is swollen. Meanwhile im 36 almost 37 weeks preggo. He wants me to work extra shifts and i cant ..my ankle hurts that bad. He got all pissy with me because i will not take extra shifts until i see the dr on weds..sprain or not im not taking chances and hes not being very nice about it! Would you make a call to Human resources or would you walk out and go to the er. Ive had numerous complications since getting preggo but thats still no excuse for him to be a jerk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First call your doctor and get a doctors note for what you can and cannot do. Then call your boss. Follow the chain of command. If he continues to act pissy, call HR. But don't threaten it unless you will do it. If your doctor wants you to go to the ER you need to do it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• what kind of work do you to
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Ive called hr because hes already gotten pissy and tried to tell me i couldnt go to my drs appointment..He denied me to get a echo done of my heart to check for potential marfans syndrome..hes a pig...and a ignorant one at that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Im a emt for a finacial company...right now he has me sitting on a desk playing security guard
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• UM, he can only make you do what you let him do. If you are going to let him endanger you and possibly your child's life due to not following doctor's orders, that is on You, not him.
    I'm thinking this is your first child? If so then hear this and hear this well. YOU are the ONLY person in the entire world that has YOUR CHILD'S best interest at HEART. YOU are your CHIL'S ADVOCATE. IF you cannot stand up for your baby now, how will you do it with the teachers, the doctors, the bullies later?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• First off tell him the situation and you need paper work from your doc and then if he gets pissy, just say "Excuse me.....I will work and this company will have a lawsuit against it,,,which one do you prefer?????" I bet he will change his attitude real quick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• get a doctor to write that you cannot work extra no matter the need, that you should be only asked to do your job, that you should be allowed to wear tennis shoes and casual attire... they love to stick it to loser bosses who mess with their preggers, at least mine does, push the limit and show your boss how powerless he is when regarding someone wiht a medical condition (no matter how short term ) btw if yo do get hurt at work make sure to file paperwork for it,,, job related injuruies are big bucks!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Go to HR and officially file a complaint. I'm not sure how much time you get off for leave, but FMLA holds your job for 3 months. If you can afford to go out now using that and short-term disability, that may be an option for you.
    Anonymous