my DD has almost 8 teeth at 15 months and an underbite that cute, but out of this world.. I was wondering will this go away as her molars and such grow in? or does my beautiful baby just have a "beautiful underbite" lol

Babywinx

Asked by Babywinx at 11:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she has a drastic underbite she should be seen by a dentist. My nephew had an underbite and had to have his jaw realigned due to his "bulldog" underbite. Is hers that bad or just a little? It messes up the alignment of the molars and can cause many problems. Please look into it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• its not bull dog... and its not as bad its just a little noticable... I myself have an overbite, not like buck but when i bite down you cant see my bottom teeth. I was just wondering if her jaws will stay like that w/ 8 teeth or will they move and align when the others come in
    Babywinx

Answer by Babywinx at 11:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My daughter had an underbite when she was little and it did self correct as her primary teeth came in. I don't know if your son's will, this was just our experience.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• thats good news, but shes my daughter not son ;o)
    Babywinx

Answer by Babywinx at 11:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Your mouth is cosntantly changing, the teeth do help shape your jaw. However, I would take her to a denstist just to have it checked. Also a trip to the dentist is good for her, just to get in the routine. With 8 teeth, those need to be examined as well. Remember, the early you find most problems, the easier that can be corrected most of the time.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• not exactly the "answer" but ive asked the SAME EXACT "?" my daughter is 15 months and has and underbite thats fierce! ive heard if its bull dogish there should be concern, if not then the molars might re-align the jaw...best bet would be take him/her to a dentist... 8+ teeth is enough .. fo on ahead and get a professional opinion
    Babywinx

Answer by Babywinx at 10:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2009