Wedding and Infants??

Mu husbands cousin wedding is june 20th at a resort and casino, about 2hrs from where we live. However my due date is May 15th. I not sure what to do go stay home when I know that everyone wants us to go. I just worried about all the people and the band. I would make the decision later, but I have to book a room now. Please let me know what you think.

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it is only 2 hours can't you just make it a day trip? 4-6 week old babies at weddins and such always fall to the extreme. They either sleep through everything..or they're miserable. It's just up to what you want to put up with.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• personally I would go.. maybe not stay overnight cuz that's a little hectic with a 1 month old.. but a suggestion would be to bring someone along who is responsible and have them there mostly for the baby so that you can have a good time!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My sister had her baby then our brother's wedding was later that year. Her daughter was a few months older than yours will be, but what they did was just brought her with them and during the wedding they hired a sitter, my aunt lived in Vegas and had a teen from her church come to their hotel room to watch the baby. Do you know anyone around that area or someone who does that knows of someone that is very trustworthy to watch your baby during the ceremony?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Its a night wedding a day trip is not a option.
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I would go. You can book the room and be sure to ask for a crib in the room. With a room you can go back and forth if you have one close to the wedding if the baby gets fussy or you get tired.

Answer by gemgem at 11:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• What about all the people being so little should she be around that many people. And what about the noise from the band will that harm her ears??
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You can't shelter her forever. I would go. I took my dd to a fireworks show when she was only a month old! As long as you're not RIGHT up by the band, I'm sure she'd be fine. Like others said, she will probably either be miserable, or sleep the entire time. My dd slept through the fireworks! And as for the people, as long as you're not handing her off to EVERYBODY, that should be fine too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I personally wouldn't plan on going. Anything could be going on that day, I wouldn't want to be tied into definite plans.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i wouldn't go, but that's just me.

if you do decide to go i would wear her in a sling so that people won't insist on holding her.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• also, just wanted to add that my main concern would be the proximity to your due date.
    my estimated due date was june 4 and my son didn't arrive until june 14, exactly 1 week before my sister in law's wedding. i also ended up having an emergency c-section with my son so that's anotherthing to consider.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009