When do you take a shower?

If it is just you and the kids at home, when do you shower?
At night when they are in bed?
In the morning before they get up?
During the morning while they are already awake and eating breakfast or playing?

Im just curious. Would you shower while your kids are awake and leave them unsupervised? Im talking like ages 5 and under.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I shower after the kids go to bed now...before when it was just myself and my daughter before I got married and had my son...I could shower while she was playing...I would leave the bathroom door open, put in her favorite movie and give her something to play with she hasnt seen in awhile. Most the time she would stand in the bathroom with me and "talk" to me until I was done lol. I didnt do this often, only if I didnt have much of a choice.
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I shower at night when they are in bed or in the afternoon if my dh is home. He works odd schedules so I work around everyones schedules.

Answer by gemgem at 11:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Usually twice a day, Morning and night on the weekdays and weekends it depends sometimes we lounge around in our PJ's all day especially in the winter, then I shower at night after they are showered and in bed. I can do a quick shower when the kids are up age 5-12, but to wash my hair that is a nightly duty. LOL
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It depends. Some days, they are really well behaved, and I can take a bath so I can hear them, and they are fine. Other days, they are wild and I just know I can't trust them to behave, so I wait until they are in bed. On the days I can trust them, I usually can turn on a movie or cartoon they get into, or get them a puzzle or board game down and they'll play quietly for the 15-20 minutes it takes me.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• after the kids go to bed or when my 2 oldest are in school and my 1 yr is down for her nap. the older 2 are 6 and 4.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My son is three. Nine times out of ten, he's awake when I shower. I tell him he has to play in his bedroom and i keep both doors open. Usually he wonders in and out of the bathroom or sometimes he will sit on the toilet and talk or sing to me or sometimes he gets in the shower with me. It all depends on what he's doing for the day.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I shower before my son gets up. It helps me feel awake and refreshed and ready for the day. If my hubby is home, I may sleep in a little and then have him watch our son while I take a leisurely shower.....
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 11:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I shower during the day when my daughter is napping if my son is at school. If my son is home, he helps watch the little one. And then I shower when I get home from work, but by then everyone is asleep.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• First, why the heck is this posted anonymous?

To answer the question, I shower at night. I have two very active little boys (2&1). When I was a mother of only 1 I would shower in the morning and bring my son in the bathroom with me usually in his bouncer chair so he could "talk" to me. Once I had my second I could shower while my oldest was taking a nap and bring the baby with me. Now, they are both too hyper and I just can't find time during the day. And I will never leave them alone even for 5 minutes!!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• IDK why this is anonymous either... It's not explicit or gross... Who knows :)
    I shower whenever I can. That may be at noon or 4 PM when my DD is down for a nap, or it may be 10-11 PM, after we finish dinner & cleanup.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 11:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2009