School birthday parties...question

My son's 6th birthday falls on the Friday before they return to school from Spring Break. He is getting a party that weekend with family/friends...no school friends. Should I also give him a party in school that Monday?? Or no since it won't be his actual birthday.

NJMom2Tyler

Asked by NJMom2Tyler at 11:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • I think it would be nice for him to celebrate both at home, and in school with his buddies.  Most teachers want cupcakes now, thats what i have found.  It's less of a mess for them to clean up.  I have done cupcakes so far in school, for both my daughters.  I have even done it if the actual birthday doesn't fall on that day, like if they had a birthday over the weekend.. so i say YES.

WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You need to talk to the school first. Many of them dont allow them in school anymore. So ask the teacher first. If they say ok I dont see why not.

Answer by gemgem at 11:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• We are still aloud to have parties at school, if it is ok, let him bring in a snack and celebrate, what a way for him to start the New School year.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thanks...my actual question is should I give him a party in school in addition to his party at home, considering that his birthday doensn't fall on a school day....what's your opinion?

His school still allows parties...cupcakes, etc.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 11:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• YES. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009