slow cooker ideas

our heating element is broken and i need easy ideas for the slow cooker. pot roast what needs to be added or chicken anything easy please im so tired of useing the skillet lol.... and we have kids this weekend.

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I make a roast about every week in the slow cooker. Just get one and add some water, carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, salt and pepper and put it in early in the morning and cook for about 7-8 hours.

Answer by gemgem at 11:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• mmmmm. now i dont have a huge roast maybe 4-5 lbs when would i start that and how much water do u add?
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I always add a cup of beef broth when I make a roast in the Crock Pot, it gives it more flavor and you can use the liquid left over to make a gravy. Along with the meat, add in some baby carrots and potatoes. I make chicken all the time in mine. I have a ton of good recipes. PM me if interested.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• www.crockpot.com That site is loaded with recipes.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You could make chicken tacos with about a pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts, one can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, and one packet of taco seasoning. It will cook in just a few hours & will shred easily right in the crockpot. Serve with your favorite taco shells & toppings. I also make vegetable soup in my crockpot. I use canned vegetables & add some beef broth and tomato juice. I don't measure how much I use. You can add barley, noodles, or meat to it too. Chiken stew is good too. Place the chicken in the crockpot with carrots, potatoes, peas, and some cream of mushroom soup. I usually use about 1 lb of chicken, 1 can carrots, 1 can potatoes, 1 can peas, and about 3 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• what about chili or stews? type in slow cooker in the search bar and you can find thousands of recipes
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I welcome you to come and visit our new and exciting group: Slow Cookin' Moms. Great recipes and all the assistance you could possible need. Dodie ~ co-administrator

http://www.cafemom.com/group/slowcookinmoms
    puppieluv

Answer by puppieluv at 12:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2009