What healthy meals do you make for your family?

What are some healthy meals that are easy to prepare and that your family loves?

usmcmom29

Asked by usmcmom29 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Stuffed chicken with broccoli and provolone cheese.... served with rice and maybe a salad. Yumm
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Rice and lentil cassarole is what I'm making for dinner tonight. It is my kids' and husband's favorite and perfect for days when I don't have a ton of time to spend in the kitchen. I put in a cup each of brown rice and rinsed lentils, four cups of water, some diced veggies, some garlic or other seasonings, and maybe a can of mushroom soup (or you could use cream-based soups like cream of celery or mushroom). I bake it in a covered casserole dish for an hour or so.
    EmeraldsMommy

Answer by EmeraldsMommy at 3:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/eating-well/broccoli-chowder-recipe/index.html

I love this recipe..its easy and yummy..I'll admit I do add a little heavy cream to thicken it up (only like 1/4 cup)a little but it still has all the vitamins and calcium. Its has a nice kick to it to with the cayenne pepper.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I double it ...because my husband likes to just heat a bowl up as a snack.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009