9 days late but not getting positive on HPT

We have been trying to concieve for past 4 months. This time right before my period was due I had all the symptoms of starting a period (PMS), my boobs hurt, my tummy hurt, I had mood swings etc. But periods never showed up. Now its 9 days late, I have taken 2 pregnancy tests, one on saturday and one today, both came negetive. I dont know what is going on. I am seeing my doctor today, but wanted to see if anyone went through similar thing and turned up being pregnant eventually. I really could use a good news, just trying to keep my hopes up!

SweKrish

Asked by SweKrish at 11:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i knew someone who was pregnant, had no periods took test after test and it never came back positive after 4 months with no period she went to the doctor took a test there and the same thing negative, then after 6 months she swore she felt somthing went to the doctor agin took a test still negative, did an ultrasound she was 6 months pregnant with a baby boy, gave bith 3 months later healthy as can be.
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 12:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• some women dont produce the hormones that are read through a hpt
    iloveme7290

Answer by iloveme7290 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have the same thing going on.. Sorta. I am about 7 to 8 days late and have tested like 6 times and always negative. My periods are always normal so I'm confused. Husband and I have 2 children already and planned on trying for #3 in a few months... but it is possible that I could be pregnant. I wish you luck. I hope the dr can give you the answers you want!!!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thanks (lizafur13) . I know, its so frustrating to be guessing and if I am really not pregnant, then why isn't my periods starting? I can atleast stop worrying and start trying again. I am sometimes 2 or 3 days late but after my first was born I have been pretty regular. Good luck to you too...
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 1:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009