Help

dumb guestion but can you claim your child on your taxes if you do now have the socical secruity number? If not whats the fast way of getting that. THanks

ReadyToRage

Asked by ReadyToRage at 11:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• No you have to have the ss #. Go to the ss office and apply for a card which will take about a week. I think you can ask them for the ss #.
    Tajcc

Answer by Tajcc at 11:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I need a b.c. forthat right?
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 12:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm pretty sure you need to have the number. You have until April 15 to file, so that should be plenty of time to file and receive the card.
    Anonymous

• http://www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.pdf
    Anonymous

• Yes you have to have the birth certificate for your child. You should be able to go to the state or county and request one. Around here, you can get one the same day. Then go to the SS office and request a SS card, that will take about a week or so to get to you.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I ditto Tajcc's answer! NO soc. sec. number, NO claiming child!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 2:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You must have a SSN to claim a child on your taxes. You need a birth certificate to apply for one.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009