Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


dumb guestion but can you claim your child on your taxes if you do now have the socical secruity number? If not whats the fast way of getting that. THanks

Answer Question

Asked by ReadyToRage at 11:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • No you have to have the ss #. Go to the ss office and apply for a card which will take about a week. I think you can ask them for the ss #.

    Answer by Tajcc at 11:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • I need a b.c. forthat right?

    Answer by ReadyToRage at 12:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • I'm pretty sure you need to have the number. You have until April 15 to file, so that should be plenty of time to file and receive the card.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • Yes you have to have the birth certificate for your child. You should be able to go to the state or county and request one. Around here, you can get one the same day. Then go to the SS office and request a SS card, that will take about a week or so to get to you.

    Answer by zoeysmom331 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • I ditto Tajcc's answer! NO soc. sec. number, NO claiming child!

    Answer by blessed5x at 2:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

  • You must have a SSN to claim a child on your taxes. You need a birth certificate to apply for one.

    Answer by mancosmomma at 2:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN