• In the Spotlight:

Help with my 1 yr old DD waking screaming in the middle of the night.

My DD just turned 1 on Jan. 4th. The past two nights she has been waking screaming in the middle of the night. It is a new tone so, I am not sure what it means. The tone is a mix between pain, and whine. Like she hurts, and is annoyed she is awake? Last night she was in asleep at 8, woke at 8:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 3:30, 4:30, 5:30 then for the day at 6:30. The only thing that has helped was rocking her back to sleep in the recliner, and then sleeping there. And that just allowed for her to sleep in 1-2 hour intervals. We did recently stop nursing because my supply dried up. Also she has a little bit of a cough and stuffy nose. I did give Tylenol last night because she kept sticking her fingers in her mouth while screaming, that didn't help. She also had two bottles last night. One at 11:30 and another at 3:30. I co-sleep, and am anti-CIO. If you want to bash me for those choices, then please don't answer.

Angel8203

Asked by Angel8203 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it is either her teeth or she is coming down with something. My DD was acting like that last week and she ended up with an ear infection and was teething all at the same time.
    punkinator719

Answer by punkinator719 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Could be teeth or a sore throat . I would take her to the ped to be safe. I have had that happed and it usally means something.
    Ianmommy4

Answer by Ianmommy4 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• does she have her molars yet? If not, those are a doozie to cut. My son had a pretty good temp and was more fussy for those teeth than any of the other teeth.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• She does not have her molars yet. In fact the only teeth she has are the two in front middle on bottom. They are just starting to come in. I don't see any signs of teeth any where else. It could be teething I suppose. Just wish the Tylenol would have helped.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2009