New Job and expensing items

I have a new position office managing for a company who was outsourcing everything. Their office space is not built yet, but they ordered me a laptop so I could start work from my current office and home. It's a $2k laptop (including loaded software) with a 17 1/2" screen. I need a bag to carry it in that will be durable for every day use and also hold additional items like office supplies, papers, etc.. I would like to expense the bag (have them reimburse me), but what is a reasonable price to pay for a laptop bag taking into consideration my needs?

WishUponAStar1

Asked by WishUponAStar1 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• About $50 to $75. I suggest a leather one with alot of pockets and storage. I have a leather bag for mine and later I got a cuter leather one that looks like an oversized purse. I paid around $50 for the first and $70 for the second.

Answer by gemgem at 12:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Be sure to shop around and bring your laptop with you to try out each bag you are interested in.
    Also, be sure to look at the strength of all the seams, especially in the bottom corners, the straps, and any zippers.
    Also, be sure that the compartment where the laptop fits in is padded. This will protect it from other items in the bag and from if you bump into something while carrying it.
    I have no clue about costs, never having had to purchase one myself, but I know what I would look for after having compared my husband's bag to my daughter's bag.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Congrats on your new job, by the way!!!

:)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2009