What is your fav summer receipe?

I love quick n easy foods to fix when it is hot and you hate to turn on the oven. Anyone have any yummy things to make?

witchywoman66

Asked by witchywoman66 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Food & Drink

• One thing that I've been making alot of lately is Cherry Delight. Its so easy and it's my boyfriends favorite.

8oz container cool whip 1 cup powdered sugar
    8oz package cream cheese 1 graham cracker crust
    1/2 tsp vanilla 1 can cherry pie filling
    (you can use blueberry pie filling instead if you want)

Refrigerate the can of cherries for a couple hours before making and set out the cream cheese to get room temperature. Mix up the cream cheese in a medium size bowl until smooth, then add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and cool whip. Mix all ingredients together until it is smooth with the least amount of lumps as possible. Pour the mixture into the crust and smooth out with a spatula. Then Put the cherry pir filling on top, sometimes a whole can is too much so you can use as much or as little of it as you want. Refrigerate for about 2 hours, then serve.
    WhitneyJolene

Answer by WhitneyJolene at 1:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• We eat this alot:

Tri Color Twisty Pasta: Cook, drain, rinse until noodles are no longer warm.
    Put in a large bowl and add Pepperoni, Shredded Mozza cheese, Tomatoes and Italian Dressing. Mix together and serve cold.
    It is a great side dish.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 2:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• We love my mother- in- law's taco salad. Brown some ground beef and add taco seasoning serve over taco salad mix consisting of:
    Ice burg lettuce (or if you are lazy/busy like me any bagged greens)
    Kidney beans
    Garbanzo Beans
    Black Beans
    onion
    black olives
    cilantro (if you like it, my husband doesn't)

Top with French Dressing, Sour Cream, Avacado, Salsa, Cheddar Cheese, Tortilla Chips etc.

The key is the French dressing and then customize it to your taste. Since my 8 year old doesn't really "do" salad for dinner I usually put the meat and cheese in a tortilla for him so he can have a taco instead. The best thing about this meal is as long as you have most of the basics you can throw it together and the left overs, if there are any, can make nachos, tacos, quesadillas, or more salad. Just keep the cheese and meat separate from the salad when you wrap up the leftovers or it gets really mushy.

GandLworkinmama

Answer by GandLworkinmama at 1:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2008