Help me from going crazy!!!

I just had my baby on wednesday of last week. I already have a 12mo little girl and a 2 1/2 yo little boy. I had her by c-section so I am trying to recover from that. I am having a hard time not going crazy. I dont have any help except my SO who works from 11pm to 7am and sleeps from 7am to 1-2pm. This is hard and I know I did it to myself but I really just dont know what to do. I only get 2hours of sleep if I am lucky night of sleep. I dont remember to eat half the time. I am to busy feeding all of them. I just need some ways to make me feel like it is worth all this. I know it is but it is kinda hard to see why right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is worth it all. I have 5 and felt the same way after my 3rd baby with 4 & 5. Things will slow down, the baby will sleep through the night, and you will adjust.

Answer by gemgem at 12:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You do have alot on your plate...just rest every second you can and know that this will be temperary. Can you hire a youg girl to come over after school and help with the little ones? I think if you are there it would be ok to hire a 12 or 13yr old to watch the 2 kids and your SO could help with the baby so you could sleep a few hours. Im only saying someone young because they are cheaper and usually excited to play with little kids.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Keep an egg timer in your purse and in each room to remind yourself what's next. Wearing different hair rubber bands on your wrist can help remind you too what's next.I was in the hospital for 10 days with my first plus knew someone who'd recently lost a sids baby I was crosseyed w/out sleep.The egg timer helped me rest between feedings w/out jumping up thinking it's feeding time when not.Wear earplugs too!
    Anonymous

• Make a schedule and write it down. You have too much going on so you have no sense of direction. Plan meals ahead of time. Make sure the other 2 are napping at the same time everyday. Structure will help not only you but your kids too.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Get a friend, or family member to come over so you can take a nice bath, and get some rest, try to have it once a week, that will help alot.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Cut down what you want or feel you need to do. Do the very least. Since you are recovering from surgery, you need extra time to recover. I hope that your SO realizes this. He should take over cleaning and laundry and as much meal prep as possible, or he should bring in carry in. He can make sandwiches for you and the little ones. There are microwavable cups of food that all you have to do is to heat in the microwave, so cooking can be at the minimum. Sit all the time- (between diaper changes and whatever you simply must do.) The sitting will help you get some rest. Explain to your SO that you know it is rough for him to work all night and still have to help out, but that you are exhausted recovering from pregnancy and surgery and must have help.

Answer by Bmat at 1:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yeah forget the chores focus on kids. I know hubby works a lot but see if he can at least throw some wash in the machine for ya. Also call your friends and family they will be eager to help. My friends always were anyway.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 1:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Oh sweetie, I feel for ya! I remember those days and there are days you will feel crazy and I only have 2 kids! All I can say is it will get better. Don't forget, your hormones are readjusting too, so it can have an affect on how emotional you are. I was a crying, emotional basketcase weeks 1 and 2 after delivery. I had baby blues for 2 weeks and that really made it hard those first couple weeks especially combining it with sleep deprivation and a rambunctious 3 year old. My advice: talk about your feelings a lot, absorb any support and encouragement and accept any help that comes your way. I'll be praying for you sweetie, hang in there!
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• do you have any family or friends close by? call them and ask them for help! i know its hard to ASK for help, but you need it! also why cant SO take a week or two of partenity leave to help you out? most companies offer that now (though they don't advertise it), or can he take his PAID vacation now?
    good luck momma, it REALLY IS worth it in the end, i hope it goes better for you soon!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 2:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• He doesnt get a PAID vaca and he cant have time off because we need him to work.

And I have family and friends but they dont want to help I was lucky to have help while I was in the hospital.

I am really trying to do as little as I can but it is hard to see my house a mess ALL the time. All I want to do i clean it.
    Anonymous