i just found out my 5yr old took a bath with my ex- naked!

i just found out my 5yr old took a bath with my ex- naked! he's her dad-but
it freaked me out- should i be worried- is this normal?
she says he didnt touch her down there- and vice versa - should i tell someone>??

KITTYLITTLES

Asked by KITTYLITTLES at 12:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• to all you rude women who believe the world is too wonderful for this to happen..thats very stupid of you! i was melested by a moms boyfriend and my eldest brother!!- and my mom was as stupid as you- her father is not allowed to take her after he brought her back drunk- and she smelled like weed-she brought this up to me months after she seen him last- and seemd scared for me to tell anyone- so that made me wonder if she feels shame- and if so why? and why does she remember this- when she cant even remember her last birthday!?for someone who obviously doesnt take parenting seriously that he's homeless w no job- and could care less for her well being- yes it did scared me- but with all you oh so perfect women who have the audacity to ridicule me for a simple question- i hope you all continue to be perfect and never have to question anything in life-cause i think u should be ridiculed like i was-
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 4:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• omg... she's his daughter! wth?! what is wrong with you? Is this what this society has come to? My husband showers with my DD all the time. He's no pervert or molester.

Who would you tell? And what would you say? "Her own father took a bath with her and it creeped me out. Can you do something about it?" Really now? Would you be happy if he asked your daughter if mommy touched her inappropriately?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No, that's not abnormal. My son takes a shower with my mom sometimes, my brother sometimes, or his dad. It's totally not sexual. I can't believe you asked your daughter if he touched her down there, unless you had reasons to suspect. NO YOU SHOULD NOT TELL ANYONE. That is her dad, the only reason you would tell anyone is if he was molesting her. Leave them alone.
    Anonymous

• Is this a serious question? My DD showers/bathes with DD everyday.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think the op is scared cuz it's with an ex even though he's an ex hubby. They're not married so she can't have happened by the bathr. with towels or something.Being an ex, I'd be uncomfortable too.Tell hubby just that it' time she learns grooming and bathing on her own.
    Anonymous

• really anon. ITS THE GIRLS FATHER> Ex or no he has parental rights.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I can't believe this is a serious question. My dd showers everynight with my dh her dad. It is what works for us. Do you shower with her? If you do than you should stop too since he isnt allowed to shower with his own daughter.
    sent4u5041

Answer by sent4u5041 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• R you serious? If you make a big deal out of this, then it becomes a big deal. Unless you have a reason not to trust him, don't start stuff like this.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think this question is serious and for those who want to be mean keep on moving to the next question. A grown man has no reason naked in the bath tub with a child as old as five. That is not okay no matter how you flip it or turn it. He's her dad but now days females get hurt by people in the family more then anyone else, dads, uncles, grandfathers, family friends,etc. I would talk about this to him and make sure those boundaries are not crossed. Is this during visitation are what?
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 12:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• what the heck is wrong with you?! its her father!!! asking her if he touched her down there...?! sorry, but you are stupid and parnoid. asking her that could cause more problems than you can imagine.

its her father, they can take baths together if they want to. safes time and water.

other than that. you would realize when he would do something to her. she would probably act totally different.

please, sorry again for being such a bitch. but this question just made me mad. i feel sorry for the DD's daddy.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009