how do i get rid of the 'extra skin' on my belly

I have lost all my baby weight, but i can not seem to get rid of the 'hangy skin' around my belly..I don't know if you know what i am talking about but I would appriciate any advise..I am going to Hawaii in the spring and i want to look great...Thanks for the help

jesswith2

Asked by jesswith2 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I know what you're talking about but I'm sorry to say, time will get rid of some of it, but whatever is left after a while is there to stay unless you get surgery. I don't know how long ago you had your baby, but I also lost all my baby weight by the time my baby was 4 weeks. Then I had a lot of extra skin. Now my baby is almost 6mo...there is still some "hangy skin" left. It'll probably never be completely smooth.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Plastic surgery. Otherwise its there to stay.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Tummy Tuck!
    Anonymous

• I have a couple of friends who did have tummy tucks. Never thought I would get plastic surgery, but I might consider it when I'm done having kids!
    Anonymous

• Also, I would like to add that I know some moms who have completely flat stomachs, so you're not doomed! Not quite sure how they managed it though!
    Anonymous

• In order to lose that extra skin that shouldn't be there you need to hit the weights. Anything light or use a yoga ball for crunches. Unfortunately when losing weight you need t do cardio and lift.
    JulieN17

Answer by JulieN17 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• all bodies are different, some women loose the weight and look great and some loose the weight and the skin doesnt go back to normal
    as far as i know surgery is the only way to get rid of it. if its minor i wouldnt worry about but if its severe you need to decide if you are really that unhappy with it and if its worth fixing permanently
    learae

Answer by learae at 8:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009