jump start labor

i am 40 weeks and i am tired of being prego....any suggestions

usmcwf2000

Asked by usmcwf2000 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ask your doctor to strip your membranes... I went into labor the next morning. It is uncomfortable but not painful, and it worked!
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 12:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I had sex. I know everyone says this. But for me it really worked. We had sex three times in one day and the next morning I was in labor.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• walking and sex. stripping membranes is painful and has like a 40 percent chance of working.

blue cohosh could too... it's an herb
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• walking and gastor oil
    Anonymous

• I tried everthing, nothing worked for me. I had contrations about 10 hours a day or night ergh. I finally begged and got induced. But walk a lot, sex of you can stand it. Do not try castor oil. They give you runs for hours on end.
    hoopys19

Answer by hoopys19 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• dont try castor oil the only thing that will do is give you the runs with bad stomach cramping not the kind of cramps you want.
    You can try
    Nipple stimualtion for a couple hours a day
    walking
    sex
    if baby isnt ready baby isnt coming unless they actually induce you.
    you can ask for your membranes to be stripped but it doesnt always work and sometimes needs to be done more then once. plus i dont care what they tell you it does hurt a bit nothing like labor itsself but it is painful.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• nipple stimulation, walking and sex... nothing else is really safe with out a dr or midwife.. just be patient, you don't have much longer!! definatley don't try the herbs with out someone who has experience.. GL
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Go get a massage if you are able to. I'm a massage therapist and have helped several women go into labor by stimulating pressure points. Walking will help bring the baby down into your pelvis more b/c of gravity and sex helps b/c semen contains hormones that help induce labor. It's the natural version of pitocin. If all else fails - just relax and wait. Your baby will come when it's ready!
    az_butterfly

Answer by az_butterfly at 2:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2009