How do you put chapstick on a 2yr old?

He gets 2 nebulizer treatments a day and I beleive they dry out his lips. Putting anything on them is near to impossable. Any tips.

Ianmommy4

Asked by Ianmommy4 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what I did was put it on my and make a "kissy face", you know pursed lips and then i told her to do it too and she loves it, and thinks it's fun. She's two as well. Now she just puts it on herself hehe.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Maybe you cold let him do it. Give him is own Chapstick and let him put it on after his breathing treatment making a part of the breathing treatment routine. Or you could put it on him while he's sleeping. GL : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My son is two and I've been using chapstick for his lips since he was one. I hate the look of dry lips. It's so funny now because he put's it on himself now (I help or watch). Is your son crying or not letting you put some on or what? Have you thought about allowing him to put his on chapstick on with his finger? Try letting him with your help or close eye do it himself.
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 1:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I have tryed to show him and we he try's he once's to eat it
    Ianmommy4

Answer by Ianmommy4 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• then don't let him do it.after you put it on you tell him to go "ahhh" and he opens his mouth and put it on lol. It may take a couple times but he will get used to it. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• There are flavored kinds, maybe that would help. I like the idea of making a kissy mouth and putting it on that way.

Answer by Bmat at 1:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I've found Aquafor to be better at preventing/treating chapped lips. I just take a little bit with my finger and rub it on my twin's mouths before bed and no more chapped/cracked lips!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I doubt it's the nebulizer...that's moisture right into his face.

If his lips are chapped enough that you want something on them, try vaseline as he sleeps. (what our doctor said to do)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My son used to love to try and eat it but now everytime I put it on he has to have some too. I have Mint Carmex so he loves the flavor and makes the kissy mouth so I can put it on him. If he's being fussy I put extra on my lips then get him to give me a kiss and I smear it on his lips that way.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 3:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Use vaseline instead of chapstick
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009