So confused.

Ok, so i had me period on December fourth and January third. One ovulation calender says i'm fertile the 11-13 on January and another says i'm 18-20. Depending on what day of my period i put..my question is to ovulation tests work? We're trying to get pregnant and i've read about the cervical mucous and there isn't really any. Some cramping but that's it. Should i rely on a test or what? We live an hour and a half away from each other so it's hard to actually get to each other, escpecially cause of his work scheduale...so should we just have sex anyway or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would start on the 11 and have sex every other day until you reach the 20th or beyond. I have gotten pregnant off using the ovulation sticks. Good Luck
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 2:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• We can't really have sex every day. He works 12 hours a day monday through wednesday. So the best day would be best. And we live an hour and a half away. But i think i've decided that it'll happen when it does. I'm not rushing it.
    Anonymous

• Ovulation tests do work, but they can be kind-of hard to interpret since the test line has to be as dark as or darker than the control line (so you can think you've got a positive, and then a day or two later take another one and say no that's positive, and it's just a pain in the butt). If you're up for it, and you think you can resist seeing a darker line because you want to, then go for it. Or if you have the money, get some of the digital ones that give you a smiley face when it's positive (I think it's Clear-Blue Easy? I think Answer might have a digital one, too).

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009