When does it become Obama's problem?

I was listening to the news and they brought up a good question that I wanted to run by ya'll. At what point does the bad economy become Obama's bad economy? 6 months? 2 yrs? Most of us recognize the economy began going downhill when Clinton was inoffice and Bush has only implemented stop gap measures that had to fail at some point and did! But it was never Clinton's bad economy. They blamed bush from day one! SO ...... Wil it always be Bush's or if Obama doesn't fix it ina certain time frame does he become part of the problem too??

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Actually the economy has gone bad in the last 5-6 years. I don't blame bush from day one. just for the past 5 years
    Anonymous

• Yes, it was going bad then we went to war. Which, unfortunately, always helps the economy, in the last 5 or 6 years we weren't putting as much money there and so the slide began again.

AND ...that DIDN'T answer the question AT ALL!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• January 20 2009, to be exact. When he becomes president.

I think I actually answered a question! OMG,pat on the back for me!

Answer by louise2 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Clinton left with a SURPLUS. That means that he left Bush in the BLACK. The same way that Reagan left in the black. While Clinton was far from Mr. Reaganomics he still had money in the bank, so to speak, when he left. I think that if he hasn't shown any improvement by the end of his second year that is when it becomes his recession. He has made many plans to get us out of this economic crunch but he has to have time to implement these changes. He is also one part of the machine to quote another mommy and as long as he is proposing these changes he is upholding his end of the deal and we have to wait on Congress for the rest.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Obama IS the problem!
    Anonymous

• I asked this question yesterday too. I say Jan.20 th. ALL of it will be his fault then. Oh I can't wait.
    Which btw, every time he makes a speech, the DOW drops, so maybe it's his fault now.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• The economy was going downhill when Clinton was in office. His policy on making loans to those who could not afford them and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were on his watch. Bush inherited the mess and the war took further money. It will be Obama's mess in 6 months.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• it's all obama's fault now!!!!!!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yea, I think the economy has been going down hill for a while. Beyond Bush.There are moments when a superficial bandaid is put on it, but then it resurfaces. The economy has been heading down the same path as it was during the election. Obama ran a campaign on fixing the economy. He knew what he was getting into, so, it is up to him and Congress to make the appropriate changes to show improvement.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Answered at 2:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 by: heatherama
    it's all obama's fault now!!!!!!

Can you list reasons for your thinking this way?

No? I thought not.
    Anonymous