Do you have "the look"?

My mother used to have this look that we knew meant business and what ever we were doing immediately ceased when she gave us "the look". My son however is 15 and I cannot for the life of me give him a 'knock it off before I explode' look without him laughing! He always has since he was a baby. Last week his friend went with us to Target and he came around the corner, looked at me and said "Dude we're in trouble" my ds looks at me and starts laughing! Please tell me I am not the only mom who is "look" impaired?

goaliemom93

Asked by goaliemom93 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im like that to, when my boys do something they're not supposed to and see my look they start giggling and say ooops.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 1:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• When I had thunderclouds over my head my sons knew they were in trouble.

Answer by Bmat at 1:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yes I have the LOOk lol and everyone knows it.
    ericaanthony

Answer by ericaanthony at 1:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i have the LOOK. i glare at my kids over the top of my glasses and they stop what they are doing and say "yes mam'm", i dont have to say a word!
    but you are not the only "look imparied" mom out there, it took me almost ten years to perfect that look
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• LOL!! I used to sing in the choir for church, and my kids used to get the "air count" (when you hold up the 1-2-3 fingers for the "count") if they were misbehaving while I was on stage singing. They learned really quick that an "air count" was just as good as the real thing, and would probably piss me off worse because I couldn't immediately take action to correct them. :-)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Apparently I don't, because my kids just give it right back to me. I don't have The Voice either.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My kids know. I have the look. Their behavior changes immediately.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2009