Sleep on stomach?

Ok, maybe this is a stupid question, but I just don't know! Is it okay to sleep on your stomach (while you still can!) when pregnant? I'm about 16 weeks now and use a pillow on one side, but is it okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont suggest it but i would ask your dr. I was told to stay off my belly after the first trimester. If your still able to sleep on your belly im asumming you havnt gotten a belly yet lol. There wont be no belly sleeping here soon.
    Anonymous

• it's perfectly FINE !!!! sleep on you tummy as long as you are comfy!!!
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I slept on my belly until I was uncomfortable, and when my belly was wayyy too big to even think about sleeping on my belly! You will know when you can't do it anymore, just because of the size and all! You will find more ways of being comfy while you sleep the bigger you get!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I would feel weird about doing that but whatever you are okay with.... I personally dont want to lay on the baby
    Anonymous

• I slept on my stomach for as long as I could when I was preggo. I can't remember when it was that it was uncomfortable.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Ask your doctor.

I did it until I found out I was pregnant and then stopped because it was too weird for me. But it didnt hurt the baby.

I also knew a girl whose baby was born with a broken arm due to her sleeping on her stomach in late pregnancy.

So ask your doctor.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 6:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009