• In the Spotlight:

"snooty" part 2

So, how would you deal with SO being completely furious with you because you said no to having her at his parents? I just don't get it, he thinks I'm "keeping her from them" when that's not at all what I'm trying to do, they are more than welcome to visit her- they haven't been up to our house since she was 2 weeks old! He's very jealous of my parents because they watch her the 2 nights a week that I'm away.. any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Invite them for a meal. Stop by their place with the little one. Involve them in your lives. Go on shopping trips and outings with them. Get them more involved.

Answer by Bmat at 1:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• it's very very hard to do that right now, I'm also in school full time, SO works every day/night- I don't go on shopping trips! haha.. I barely have time to eat and shower (DD also has an AWFUL sleep schedule- wakes up hourly, won't go down until 2am, its nice really).. so 95% of my time is spent here at home, relaxing with her.. seems like lots of excuses but someone out there must know how it is?
    Anonymous

• I would just say tell them to come to your house and watch your daughter. Trust me when I say this, and you as a former smoker know, SECOND HAND SMOKE IS THE WORST! It's especially bad on baby's and little ones. Listen, I'm 30 years old, and I'm severely paying for my Mom's smoking in the house, today. I have asthma, breathing problems, and when I get a cold or chest congestion, it's worse. Do NOT let your guard down. Protect your baby. Very honestly, if your in laws cared enough about their granddaughter, they'd go outside, or not smoke while they were around her. Your SO, will have to realize your child comes first, not his parents.
    Anonymous

• Ok well I read your first ? too and figured that I will just answer both here, #1 your hubby needs to realize how bad second hand smoke is for a baby, I have a five month old and I smoke but outside ALWAYS never ever inside, when I am done I not only change my shirt and wash my hands but wipe my face off and everything else, my he should go to the doctors with you so he can realize how bad second hand smoke is and a house like that GROSS I would never let my baby stay there, he needs to stop being jealous and be more responsible for his baby's health, if you have done your part by offering them to come over to your house then I am not sure there is much more you can do, beside I would think that if they REALLY cared about spending time they would do whatever it takes even if that is going to your house two mins away. and just remember mamma you ARE doing the right thing so don't stop or compromise to make anyone happy!

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• invite them over to watch baby for a couple of hours while you recharge your batteries in a long hot soak! that way they get to see baby, and you get a break! best of both worlds! but dont ler her in the inlaws house! not while they're still smoking inside!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 2:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• oh, and tell SO if he can't respect your parenting decisions, then maybe he shouldn't be a part of the parenting process!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 2:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009