I feel jipped........

I am 29 weeks pegnant and I started this pregnancy overwieght. I have never been stopped and asked if I am pregnant and no one has ever touched my belly. Now I have found out that my family wants to have the baby shower after the baby is born. I feel like I am being jipped on alot of the fun pregnancy joys, or am I just being hormonal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hormonal lol.
    Im not in the same boat you can clearly tell im pregnant and im only 25weeks but people still dont touch my belly and even act like im pregnant dont let it bother you.
    Maybe tell your family you would preger the baby shower befor the baby though cuz i dont think you will be in the mood for one after baby gets here plus the point of a baby shower is to do it befor baby arives so you have everything need and if you dont then you can pick it up real quick.
    Anonymous

• hormonal
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• No you are right to feel this way. I did not get a baby shower at all. First it was after the baby is born, then it never happened. I am still angry, and my son is 11 months old. If I were you throw your self one. I should have. I was not looking for gifts, more of looking for a fun day to enjoy thesoon to be baby.
    hoopys19

Answer by hoopys19 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i honestly wanted the baby shower after she was born but my family insisted to have it before which is a week but its the same joy but even better because your baby will be there
    i havent had anyone touch my belly and im due on the 21st of this month but ppl say i only look 6 months pregnant
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You should feel lucky random people don't come up to you and touch your belly without even asking!!!
    As for the shower, tell your family you want it before so you are prepared for when the baby comes. My cousin had a baby a couple weeks ago without having a shower (her family doesn't believe in them because they are very supersticious) and she was not prepared at all when she came home from the hospital.
    Anonymous

• I think people are being more cautious lately about the belly touching thing... I know I am, I thought a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a while was pregnant and I touched her belly and asked how far along she was, and she said she had just gained weight. I will never touch another woman's belly again unless I'm invited to, because I'm afraid I'll offend someone if they happen to have put on a few extra pounds and it's not a baby!
    Amanda_Jeanne

Answer by Amanda_Jeanne at 5:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm 31 wks and clearly look pregnant but no one touches my belly. I really wouldnt want them to, but I understand feeling bad that no one's even asking about your pregnancy. Only 1 or 2 strangers have asked me about it in public. I think people are just hesitant to ask since there are so many non-pregnant people who look pregnant these days! Seriously, I think the empire waist thing really makes so many people look pregnant so we're all scared to ask about pregnancy even if we're 99% sure the person is actually pregnant! I was in Las Vegas when first pregnant and I couldn't help thinking that so many girls look pregnant in their tight outfits. mean, but true.
    Anonymous

• ok we are in opposite sides be thankful you don't have hands always grabbing you and rubbing you like you are a luck charm it doen't bother me as much when its kids doing it cause they curise but when you get wierd old people it drives me insane
    Anonymous