how to get my brest milk to come in

i gave birth jan 10th and i want to brest feed but my milk has not came in this is child 3 for me and it seams like for my first 2 it came in in the first 24 hours what can i do to get it to come in or what am i doing to make it not come in?

momof3today

Asked by momof3today at 1:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it can take up to 4 to 5 days after words. just keep nursing your baby every couple hours like clock work. You can try and find red raspberry leaf tea and drink a cup or two a day and it helps stimulate milk production and its safe and natural.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Give it time. My milk took 3 almost 4 days to come in. The more you nurse it will help speed things up.
    75mom75

Answer by 75mom75 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Ditto...mine takes 4 days to come in. Keep baby on the breast to stimulate the milk production, rest, and drink plenty of water. Colostrum is all they need for the first few days until your milk comes in. Good luck, and congrats on your new little bundle!!
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 1:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It can take 3-7 days for your milk to come in. The baby is getting colostrum and has enough fat stores to keep him satisfied until it does. :) Nurse every 3 hours, and it will start to slowly come in. My dd was born on a monday and my milk didn't come in until friday night. So don't worry, and don't supplement. Weight loss after birth is normal and the colostrum is super good for your baby!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• just keep nursing on demand(early and often) and you should be just fine.
    like other moms have said, it can take days for milk to come in so don't be worried. your baby is gettign what they need now and nursing frequently can help let your body know just how much to make when your milk does come in.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Ditto to just keep on nursing on demand. It will come. It will come easier and sooner once you stop stressing about it too, so try to relax and enjoy your baby. And yes, your colostrum IS enough. Nothing else is needed in a healthy baby.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• you might wanna try nursing tea, my milk supply started to decrease i got nursing tea from out local organic store it works wonders!
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• That's only 2 days. My milk came in on day 5 with my first and day 3 with my second and third. Just feed her as often as she will eat. It will come in soon enough.
    01buckler15

Answer by 01buckler15 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I had my baby girl on the 7th and my milk came in on the 10th the day we left the hospital give it time it should be coming in in the next day or so.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009