Pre eclampsia?

If you have had it what were your symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i got it at the end of my pregnancy with my son. Infact at my 40wk check up there wasnt anything to worry about blood pressure was fine, no swollen feet no nothing two days later i went into labor and when i got to the hospital and all hooked up they told me i had developed pre elcampsia i was like what? they said it must have came on after the apt. I did notice that day though my blood pressure was sky high, my feet wore swollen and i had major headaches.
    Anonymous

• When I was 36 weeks I went into the hospital because I thought that I was leaking amniotic fluid, so they kept me over night. During that time they had a blood pressure cuff on my arm all night long. The next morning my doctor came in and told me about pre eclampsia... I never even heard of it, I said signs of it though for quite some time... just never new what they were! My BP would sky rocket at night time... but during the day it was fine... I would have dizzy spells, speckling in my eye sight.. (* like when someone takes a picture really close to you with the flash on ... then you see those little dots*) .. then my face was really swollen, along with my legs and feet... my toes looked like sausages... it was really gross lol*... and I had mild head aches!... I had to deliver that day... and I was induced along with IV magnesium... Hope this has helped you!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• really high BP, swelling that doesn't go down, visual disturbances, headaches that don't go away ( tylenol has no effect on them) , protien in your urine.. It's not fun. I was induced at 34 weeks with my first because of it. It can lead to toxemia and cause seizure and a ton of other problems..
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Even b4 i got pregnant i had some heart palpitaions but they have been happening alot more and today im sick to my stomach and my head feels fuzzy.
    Anonymous

• I found out i had it when i kept going to my dr and my blood pressure was extremly when i was preg. Also i called my dr on call the night i went into the hospital to deliver my son because i kept having pain under my ribs, and it kept getting worse. my son was a premie he was a month early they had to induce labor. they also had to give me magnesium as well. due to all the magnesium that they had to give me it got to my son before he was delivered and had to stay in the hospital for almost 3 weeks because it was hard for him to breath.
    malibu79

Answer by malibu79 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2009